Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Days Are Moving Quickly.....

I have 13 weeks to go and it can't get here fast enough either. 13 weeks does seem like a short time and then a long time on other days. Our baby boy is due on 05/10/06 and sometimes I fear some things like all new mothers due. Like this:

Premature Babies Have Longer Risk for SIDS
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
By Miranda Hitti

SIDS is the sudden, unexpected death of a baby less than 1 year old with no explanation from a thorough investigation.

There is more research on contributing factors that can cause this. I remember when I moved my first daughter to a separate room I would not go anywhere in the apartment without the monitor to hear her breathing. It won't be any different with my son. Yes, there are lots of different things to worry about and I should just take it day by day and step by step, but SIDS is probably one of my biggest fears.

Here is one of those factors I was talking about

High Testosterone Levels May Increase Risk of SIDS
Friday, November 18, 2005

Infants with elevated testosterone levels may face a higher risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), a new study suggests.


Researchers found infants who died from SIDS have 50-120 percent higher testosterone levels in their blood than infants who died from other causes.


SIDS is one of the leading causes of death among infants 1 week to 1 year old. Although the number of SIDS deaths has decreased in recent years due to increased awareness of proper infant sleeping position (on the back), researchers say the exact cause of SIDS is unknown
.

|