Thursday, September 11, 2008

WE WILL NEVER FORGET

On observance of Patriot Day, we remember and honor those who perished in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001. We will not forget the events of that terrible morning nor will we forget how Americans responded in New York City, at the Pentagon, and in the skies over Pennsylvania(AND STILL FIGHT TODAY) -- with heroism and selflessness; with compassion and courage; and with prayer and hope. Those whom we lost on September 11 will forever hold a cherished place in our hearts and in the history of our Nation. As we mark the 7th anniversary of that tragic day, we remember their sacrifice; and we commit ourselves to honoring their memory by pursuing peace and justice in the world and security at home.


"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
The Pledge of Allegiance was written in 1892 by Francis Bellamy
Time line of that morning for the planes into the World Trade Center:
8:46 Eastern time the first plane hit the first tower
9:03 Eastern time the second plane hit the other tower
9:59 Eastern the first tower collapsed
10:29 Eastern the second tower collapsed.
I remember the towers collapsing very clearly. At 6:59 west coast time I was just entering the freeway on my way to work glued to our local news radio station(because my step mom had called me about 6:00 to tell me "we are under attack") and remembering the horror of hearing the tower collapsed and 30 minutes later I was just hitting the exit to my work and I heard the second tower had collapsed. No one in our office I believe worked that day. Radios and TV were on everywhere.
WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!!!

|