Thursday, November 27, 2008

CONSERVATIVES THANKFULNESS

This Thanksgiving 2008, we conservatives don't have a lot to be thankful for. But I have compiled a list of a few things in the political realm that I can thank God for.

1. Gov. Sarah Palin - she reinvigorated the conservative movement and saved John McCain from being absolutely demolished in the presidential election. Palin is the only reason it was as close as it was.

2. Conservative blogs are a reliable source of daily news and commentary. My favorites include Powerline, Thirdwavedave and Michelle Malkin.

3. During the election season, I relied on talk radio to maintain my sanity. The best of the best in conservative talk include Rush, Hugh and Sean.

4. I have a small group of friends who not only get why I am so depressed about the outcome of the election they actually share my intense distrust of Sen. Obama. There are a few of us that didn't drink the Kool-Aid.

5. Sen. Mitch McConnell was re-elected in Kentucky and remains the minority leader for the Republicans in the US Senate. McConnell is a true conservative and a master tactician who may be the only thing that keeps the Democrats in line in 2009.

|