Wednesday, December 31, 2008

TV Top Ten


The end of a calendar year, it seems, is a good time to make a list of some of one's favorite things. So here goes. My list of my top 10 favorite TV programs for 2008:




1. The Bill Engvall Show - smartly written, strong male lead and overall good cast. It consistently makes me and Mrs. MM laugh out loud.




2. Big Bang Theory - very funny, great cast. This would probably be number one if not for the fact that it is often not very family-friendly. Often the humor or storyline is overtly sexual in nature, and that doesn't appeal to me.




3. Little People, Big World -- my favorite reality show, though my schedule often causes me to miss it. This is a neat family with unique challenges. And I like how their faith is treated with respect.




4. America's Funniest Home Videos -- It makes my son laugh and that is the greatest feeling in the world. And I laugh, too.




5. House -- Probably the best drama on TV. Hugh Laurie is masterful as the cranky doctor you should hate, but somehow I keep watching him every week.




6. The Bonnie Hunt Show -- my favorite talk show. I am a new fan but Ilove her storytelling and her family-friendly sensibilities.




7. Wipeout -- another reality show that is a favorite in my household. The humor from the hosts is endearing. And the contestants falling off various objects is usually good for a laugh or two as well.




8. Wheel of Fortune -- the best gameshow on TV. Even my 2 year old loves it and can follow along. And I love the banter between Pat and Vanna at the close of the show. I know, I'm a geek.




9. Lost -- the show that always keeps me guessing. And why hasn't Evangeline Lilly won an Emmy? It has a complicated plot, but worth it, if you can keep up.




10. Fox News Sunday -- the best political show on TV. I miss the late Tony Snow as the host, but Chris Wallace is growing on me. The roundtable at the end is the best part of the program.

Labels: ,

|