Thursday, May 19, 2005

You Named Your Baby What???????

I have never understood the fascination with naming a baby by a funky name. YES, funky name. Lets take a few for example. Coco and Apple stand out the most to me recently. OK, let me explain something. Kids are cruel creatures. A lot of them are just not taught the basic rules of understanding or to be nice to other people anymore. They get treated bad at home so they take it out on other kids, or parents just don't teach the common courtesies anymore. What is the world coming to? Anyway the point is you give your child a weird name and it will just be an temptation for another one to make fun of it. I had a really different last name and a terribly strong Texas accent when I was young and was teased mercilessly for it. (we had moved from TX to AZ when I was 8). So I really have never understood the reason for these weird names for babies. I can just here the teases for Apple running through my head now. I think parents really need to think of the implications it might have on a child in the future before they give their babies names. I doubt that will happen so it is just something we will continue to see from the entertainment world. HMMM? I wonder what Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are going to name their baby. Hopefully Jennifer is normal enough to get past weird baby names.

|