Saturday, July 23, 2005

Weekend Movie Review

Today, I finally got to see War of the Worlds(I know about time, huh?) and I was not disappointed. I don't think Mr Media Matter's liked it as much as I did. It definitely did not lack the suspense feel at all. One problem I did have was that if Ray, Robbie, and Rachel came close to death again I was going to fall out of my seat. There was a little too much of that. I have seen the original and this, by far, surpassed it; but that would be the case because the abilities with special effects. I don't remember the destruction of the aliens being the same, I don't remember the story of that very well, but I am sure it wasn't the same. I really liked it. I don't think I like the one character (Tim Robbins) gung-ho attitude that we have to go out right now and destroy them. I think that would be stupid since the military couldn't do it. I really don't think I liked the focus on just the one family. I think it would of been better if there were more people involved in the story line than just the brief moments. I have to agree with Ray(Tom Cruise) that trying to hide is best until you can get a better idea of what you are fighting. I think I will have nightmares about foghorns though. Whoa, that was intense. I have to say I can't stand Tom Cruise as a person with his politics and his belief in his cult religion, but I do love his acting. I think Dakota Fanning is an outstanding little actress and she is here for the long run I bet. She was great in Hide and Seek also. That was another great movie. Well I think this is definitely going to be a great summer with all of the movies up and coming. I am looking forward to FlightPlan, Red Eye, and The Island. Lot's of movies and I still want to see Herbie, Batman Begins. I am not a big fan of re-makes so I probably will hit The Dukes on NetFlix. I watched the original series and I loved it. I have a feeling the re-make movie will be a disappointment.

Brief overview of what I have seen so far:

Dark Water:
loved it very good and good story. some disappointing moments though
3 1/2 blog stars

Fantastic Four:
Very fun and cheesy film, fun for family but not real little, little kids
4 blog stars

Bewitched
Cute and funny! One of Will Ferrel's better moments and I really don't like him.
4 blog stars

War of the Worlds
3 blogstars

I know I am not a critic but it was fun anyway.

|