Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Pledge of Allegiance

I am ashamed to say that I am from the area this Jackass is.

Judge: School Pledge Is Unconstitutional
Sep 14 3:19 PM US/Eastern
By DAVID KRAVETS
Associated Press Writer


Who remembers this story? I sure do. This idiot made a huge ass of himself trying to get the Pledge of Allegiance out of schools saying that "One nation under God" was unconstitutional. What a moron. You know I am not that religious of a person but I don't believe there is anything wrong with those words. Read here for the article on this nonsense. Looks like he got his wish.

A federal judge declared the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools unconstitutional Wednesday in a case brought by the same atheist whose previous battle against the words "under God" was rejected by the U.S. Supreme Court on procedural grounds. U.S. District Judge Lawrence Karlton ruled that the pledge's reference to one nation "under God" violates school children's right to be "free from a coercive requirement to affirm God."

This is just ridiculous. Here is the Pledge of allegiance as I remember from all of my school days of being a kid.
"I pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible,with Liberty and Justice for all."

This is a patriotic pledge and should not be deemed any religion. Today, now more than ever, we need our children to recite this and to understand it's meaning. For that matter, all people of this nation, not just children.

|