Friday, October 27, 2006

"Sunday Blues"

I am one of few people I know that really enjoy my work. Yes, it is stressful and sometimes I don't want to be here because I just don't think I could do another day, but I really like what I do and can't imagine doing anything else at this point. I find this article interesting to say the least.


Many Experience Sunday Night Anxiety

DENVER -- Sunday nights are supposed to be a time for relaxing, but for many people it is one of the most stressful times of the week.

"I never sleep on Sunday night very well because I'm worried about going to work on Monday morning," one worrier told KMGH. "My job is very stressful and you kind of have to gear up for Monday and getting back into that."

After sitting at their desks all workweek long, people can't help but look forward to the weekend, KMGH reported. But once it comes, it can go by fast.

By the time Sunday night comes around, it's all but over and that is when the panic sets in for many people.

Wright said keeping active on Sundays will keep people's minds off heading back to work or school.

Perhaps the best advice for beating Sunday night anxiety is to create a ritual you really look forward to. It can be as simple as watching a favorite TV show each week. Another suggestion is to make Sunday family game night.

|