Monday, May 19, 2008

Chocolate Milk Anyone?

I love chocolate milk, I guess there are all kinds on the shelf and I have tried a few, but the best thing for me is pouring good old-fashioned Hershey's Syrup in a big glass of non-fat milk. YUM!!!
Well someone I guess did a study on some chocolate milk and what's the best out there. +
Check it out

Best Chocolate Milk May Not Come From Cow
Soy Milk Surprises Testers
J. Scott Wilson, Staff writer

    • One of the scariest moments in my parenting life came when I asked my 3-year-old what he wanted to drink with his dinner, and he replied, "Chocolate milk!"

      Who had told him about the stuff? Was there a Nestle pusher hiding in the bushes outside? Had that danged rabbit hopped in through an unguarded window? Was there a brown cow nearby?

      In any case, chocolate milk has not yet been added to the drink menu at our house. However, after tasting the new breed of chocolate milks made with low- or non-fat milk, I just might have to consider it as an occasional treat. There's some good stuff out there and, of course, a few that dropped the ball.

      My usual five-person tasting panel ranked each milk, awarding a total of 20 points for mouth feel and flavor, for a possible perfect score of 100. Nutritional information is provided for each one.

  • PET Chocolate Milk:
  • Yoohoo Chocolate Drink
  • Nesquik Milkshake:
  • Nesquik
  • Organic Valley 1% Milkfat
  • Silk Soymilk Chocolate
  • Promised Land: But it's quite simply the best chocolate milk available in a grocery store, in the panel's opinion.

Make sure that you click on the link above to get all the details on Chocolate Milk taste test. I have heard of some of these brands and I don't like Nesquick at all or Yoohoo but I am curious to try the Silk and maybe the Promised Land. My favorite will be the way I always do it, you can control your chocolate content that way.

|