Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm Married!

FOXSexpert: The Pros and Cons of 'Living in Sin'
Thursday, May 08, 2008
By Yvonne K. Fulbright



Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell do it. So do Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins.side note, I thought Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins were actually married, shows what I know. I did know about Goldie and Kurt though

And these days, it's not just the celebrities. More and more unmarried couples are living together, and research indicates that most people have tried it.

The distinction between cohabitation and marriage is eroding in many contemporary societies. For years now, the number of couples choosing to live together without getting married has steadily increased.

But is it smart to move in together when you aren't married?

For more than 1,000 years, the Roman Catholic Church recognized commitment by simply taking the couple's word. If a man and woman had privately agreed to marry, then they were seen as a married couple. Many modern-day thinkers have felt the same way. American anthropologist George Peter Murdock once defined marriage as "a global institution involving a couple cohabitating, engaging in sexual activity, and cooperating economically." For many couples, the actual act of officially tying the knot is just a technicality.


There are pros and cons to this arrangement. You will have to visit the article here to get the pros and cons.


I think Mr. MM and I would disagree on this subject. I want your opinion though and see how many more would disagree with me.

|