Thursday, July 09, 2009

MY GOD IS SO BIG


There is a well known Christian praise choruse that goes:


"My God is so big, so strong and so mighty.

There's nothing my God cannot do."


Before my son Parker was born, we learned he would have some health struggles, such as Cerebral Palsy and development delay. So while he was still in the womb, I began singing a different version of that song to him.


"My son is so big, so strong and so mighty.

There's nothing my son cannot do."


It was my way of preparing him for life and letting him know that whatever his challenges were, I believed in him.


Now at the age of 3, I still sing that song to him. But he always corrects me. He doesn't want me to sing the "My son is so big" version. He wants to hear the "My God is so big" version. He is a young boy who wants to honor God. That does my heart good.

Labels: ,

|