Monday, March 22, 2010

Seaweed now?

As someone who has struggled with their weight for many years(didn't use to be that way) I have tried many diets and many ways to lose weight. The proverbial "they" are always coming up with new fangled diets and new fangled exercise equipment to pump us up and get us excited about dieting. Yeah, right, well I came across this article today about seaweed.

Seaweed could be the answer to the obesity epidemic, potentially reducing the body's fat retention by more than 75 percent.

A fibrous material in sea kelp called alginate was better at preventing fat
absorption than most over-the-counter slimming treatments, researchers at
Newcastle University in the U.K. found.


Check out the article here and make your own opinion, but personally I am not running for the nearest ocean for a kelp dive.

Note: Mrs MM is currently again on a diet and I am really liking this one. I will let you know how it works out.

|