Tuesday, November 04, 2008

CHURCH OF THE POISONED MIND

Yesterday my pastor really ticked me off. I left church early. He said it didn't matter how we voted. It didn't matter who was in the White House. He didn't care if Obama won. And I have heard from Christians that if Obama wins, it will be God's will. That is baloney. It may be our will and God allowing us to exercise that will. But I do not believe it is God's will to put a terrorist-loving, baby killing, tax hiking inexperienced person in charge.

I think the American church has been so hit by political correctness that we can no longer take a stand on a moral or political issue. We are afraid of being called racist or intolerant or of losing our nonprofit status. The service I go to has 3 black people who regularly attend. Maybe the pastor felt like he had to say things nice about Obama to encourage those three individuals. What a bunch of crap! It made me so angry.

Black churches get political all the time, and they get away with it. Why don't we fight back? Why don't we take a stand? Thank God the Catholic church has been brutal on Obama this election cycle. They are the only ones who have been.

I am so angry.

|