Monday, May 23, 2005

Thrills of Yesterday

Yesterday Mr. Media Matters and I went to one of my favorite places. Marine World. They have a new exhibit called Ocean Discovery and you can get up close and personal with the marine life. I have always wanted to pet a dolphin and yesterday I got that chance. I was so excited. I even got to feed one. For $4 you can get three fish and throw it in the dolphins mouth. I stood in line for that, then my husband stood in line for me, while I continued to try and get to touch the dolphin. I am very thrilled over the little things in life like that. Mr. Media Matters got to feed and touch the dolphins to but I don't think he was as thrilled about it as I was. I wanted to be the first to feed the dolphin so our combined time of standing in line was for 1 1/2 hours. I have stood in line longer for Backstreet Boys concert tickets for my daughter and this was way more fun. I have a sun-burn on the back of my knees to vouch for my time hanging over that pool trying to touch one. All in all it was way worth it.

A little note on my previous post regarding the tickets for Six Flags. I did not notice any note on them about sex offenders and Marine World has been owned by Six Flags for a while now. Whatever. I really wish it had stayed Marine World Africa USA. Unfortunately they weren't making any money and had to bring in all the thrill rides that people want now. My favorite part will always be the animals and as long as they stay I will continue to go.

|