Sunday, August 07, 2005

Sunday Morning Lay About

Cheers Britain, for the excellent rescue job of the Russian submersible.

As I find myself alone on this glorious Sunday morning(Mr. Media Matters has run off to work a couple of hours). I do a few chores, a thought on a few things, a few simple pleasures to jot down.

A peanut butter and jelly sandwich made by my husband(he did this for me last night).
Sitting down and just taking time to pet my cats and the touch of their soft fur.
Sitting down to enjoy a movie knowing my housework was done.
Knowing the fact I have a home and family to enjoy in my life and good friends.

When I watch shows(documentaries), news reports and disasters, I think about how sometimes we just don't think about the simple things we have. Yes, we work hard for them, but what if one day we didn't have it. I think sometimes we just need to take a moment and be thankful for what we have.

Don't worry I am not being preachy, just being lazy on a Sunday morning and it was something I thought of.

|