Saturday, June 04, 2005

Bottom Dwellers in the Fish Bowl Called Life

How many of you out there have just sat down to eat your dinner, or sit down to watch your favorite show that's about to begin and the phone rings. Raise your hands. Ah, I see, pretty much all of you. These would be those lovely telemarketers. They have the best deal for you. Maybe just a few moments of your time to answer a few questions. Well today they have this new system(actually couple years old) called the "Do Not Call Registry." I hate to tell you this, but for those of you that don't know this, it only covers telemarketers that are trying to sell you something. It does not pertain to the ones that just want to take surveys, or politcal ones (recordings). I guarantee that the ones who sell can figure out that there are loopholes that they can get around. Mr. Media Matters is a little nicer when dealing with these people. Me on the other hand is a different story. I just here I am so-so with a few questions and hang up the phone. I don't even let them take their first breath after the first sentence. I know rude, huh? Oh well they will get over it. Maybe it will phase out and they will eventually all go away. I recommend telemarketers find a new line of work. I know, try Carls Jr. they are in need of some better advertising people.

|