Friday, June 03, 2005

Just Plain "DUH"!

This is CA. We ummm have earthquakes, ummm fires, ummmm oh yeah and mud/landslides.
You know, I am having a hard time feeling sympathy for these people in So. Cal who have their houses sitting in the Pacific Ocean. Ok, first of all, if you are going to build your home on the side of a cliff then there are going to be issues. Don't you see, there is a reason an insurance company will not insure your home. I have been hearing how most of these people did not have insurance for landslides. Even the people who own the homes being interviewed said "our insurance company would not insure us." Well, let me see, DUH! You are building your home on very unstable ground. Precariously perched on the edge of the cliff because the "view is so amazing." Please, spare me. I really don't want to hear you whining about your multi-million dollar home sitting at the bottom of a cliff because you were dumb enough to build on the cliff in the first place. If there was a life lost then I would feel sorry for you, but this is property and I can't feel sympathy for plain material stupidity.

|