Tuesday, June 07, 2005

On a Personal Note

When I was younger, but not a child, my mother told me that she had a baby before me and that she had given her up for adoption. My mother after that had spent many years looking for her. Well last year she found my mother. She had emailed with pictures to my mother and when I saw them there was no question that she was my mother's daughter. I was very excited I had always wanted a sister. Now I have one. I have not got a chance to meet her yet, as I live in CA and she lives in TX. We do correspond by e-mail but I am excited about getting to meet her one day. I guess the point is that if you are an adopted child and you are in search of your birth mother there is hope. I believe my mother had posted on an adoption message board (online) and that is how my sister found her. If you have the basics where you were born: city, state, hospital would be a good place to start. I know a lot of adoptions are closed but that is the beauty of the internet now. You can throw some messages out there and somebody is bound to find it. I am not promising success but some hope that you could be successful. I am excited about having a sister. Sis, if you are reading this, love you and I am glad you found us. I believe I write this because my husband and I are trying to have a baby but if we can't we will adopt and that I don't know how I would handle it when all those questions would arise and the child wanted to start looking for his/her birth parent. Should we have all of that info up front to make it easier or not?

|