Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Giving a Helping Hand to a Fellow Blogger

Kitty over at Kitty Litter has got some questions on dating today. I am no expert but I am not too far away from remembering the dating scene. I have blogged on this subject before, and I feel that some of the old rules apply and can be very effective in working them in with modern technology. One thing I did before the internet came along was do ads in the local paper. I did do the bar hopping scene but realized early on that it was not going to cut it. Yes, the night clubs were great for having fun, dancing, and just plain partying, but this old rule applies: I don't think your are going to find a quality person in a bar. If there is anyone out there that has, good for you.

Let's talk about the internet. I feel that the internet in today's day and age is the best route to go. I feel that men are looking for a woman that does not want to give out on the first date(yes, I mean sex), If you find a man that does want to get busy on the first date then he is probably not the type of man you want or is he is not looking for a long-term relationship(that is an old rule). Men, women do not want to hear an bunch of stupid pick-up lines, corny jokes, or hear about just you on the first date. I feel this is an old rule too. Women this goes for you too, don't just talk about yourself. If both sexes are looking for a quality relationship this old rule applies also: Honesty. I am not saying lay it all out on your first date, but be yourself. If you feel one or the other is hiding something, then he/she probably is.

For safety with online dating. I feel I am qualified for this because I did it for so long.

  • Always meet in a public place for your first date and don't give out your address, you can give your phone number and if it is a problem that is easy to change at no charge.
  • I feel that you don't want to rush into that first date: Talk, IM, or E-mail for awhile if you want to feel more comfortable about it. Talk about things honestly.
  • Never give out your personal information on the phone, online ad, or on a first date.

I don't know if this is helpful, but you can always leave me a comment and ask me a question. Mr. Media Matters and I met on 7/23/03 through Yahoo Personals: Married on 03/28/04 and we are very happily married. Don't ever believe that you are going to find someone perfect because there is no such thing as a perfect person.

|